Those who are fashion-conscious and want to give a new look to the house must think of different windows. The beautiful windows create nice memories and you can decorate the house with the egress window. Many people might not have an idea regarding this window. These are big windows where you can crawl and jump in case of an emergency. Though every family cannot afford these windows because it is expensive. At the same time you need to have large rooms then only you can install these windows.
Buying Guide Of Egress Window
If you have decided to install an egress window then you need to know some of the important facts. The buying guide is as follows.
- Sliding portion: People think of having an egress casement because they can jump or crawl in a time of danger. That is why you should look at the sliding glass doors. Whether those are sliding properly or not. The doors should be at least 4 feet to 4 feet for meeting the requirements.
- Single-hung and double-hung: Another significant thing to consider is that it has two panes of glass. If your homes are older than you can easily install single-hung windows. These are large and that is why they look good in older houses. On the other hand, double-hung windows have two panes of glass. The top and bottom portions of the windows can be raised. These look good in the new houses. So, try these in your new house.
- Awning windows: Another crucial feature of the egress window is that it should have awnings. The awnings are the extended patio where you can sit and enjoy some moments. Always be careful and look at whether the windows consist of warnings or not. When you crawl from the window then you will land on the awnings only.
Advantages Of Egress Windows
These windows have several facilities. All these are highly needed.
- The best part of that is that they increase the resale value of your house. These windows are valuable and costly. So when you sell it you will get a high amount in return.
- Moreover, the egress casement boosts the amount of sunlight that comes into your window. It illuminates the entire area and you will receive enough sunlight throughout the year. No dampness will be there in the walls of the room.
- Another importance of the egress casement is that it improves the safety and security of the family. If all of a sudden your house catches fire, where will you go? These windows will serve your purpose. You can effortlessly crawl and jump from the window.
- The egress basement provides ventilation throughout the year. The clean air will come and ventilate the entire area. Other than that, it also maintains and regulates the temperature.
Lastly to sum up we must mention that an egress window not only provides an aesthetic look but also helps to maintain the temperature of the house. You can install it and give your house a new look.