We all have used Bluetooth technology to transfer files; do you know about low-energy Bluetooth? In the last few years, low-energy Bluetooth devices have made their name in the world. In this post, we will discuss the basics of low-energy Bluetooth technology, the benefits of using them and the benefits of using them. Read the full write-up to learn more about them.
Do you want to have the technology for tracking purposes? RFID asset tracking for warehouse is already popular. There are many more technologies out there that you can use for different purposes. Low-energy Bluetooth devices are also useful for your job. Here, we will offer a comparative study to help you understand more about the technology.
Classic Bluetooth Technology Vs Bluetooth Low Energy
Low-energy Bluetooth is different from the traditional Bluetooth we use. Bluetooth LE needs a fraction of the power needed for standard Bluetooth technology. Using an active Bluetooth LE can consume an average of 15 to 18 mA current, which is much less than conventional Bluetooth technology.
Another major difference is related to data transfer. Classic Bluetooth sends massive data in one go, whereas Bluetooth LE sends data in small packets. It uses very little energy and spends most time sleeping.
Though the size and consumption of the current are less, you will be surprised to know that the speed of Bluetooth LE can reach up to one Mbps. You can consult with an expert if you don’t know much about Bluetooth LE.
Why Are People Using Low-Energy Bluetooth?
We have already discussed the basics of low-energy Bluetooth; now, let’s focus on the benefits of using this technology.
- Low energy consumption is the most important benefit of low-energy Bluetooth. Most business organizations are using technology for this reason.
- You can transfer data in small data packets compared to conventional Bluetooth devices.
- Although low-energy Bluetooth consumes almost half the energy needed for conventional Bluetooth, the speed can reach up to one Mbps.
Look for professional help to learn more about low-energy Bluetooth technology.
Where Can We Use This Technology?
So where can we use this technology? We can use low-energy Bluetooth for many reasons. Let’s talk about some of them here-
- Do you want to track items in healthcare centres? You can use low energy Bluetooth device to do the job. You can also use inventory management RFID to manage your inventory.
- Using a Bluetooth device, we can transfer data. As low-energy Bluetooth devices can get you a massive data transfer speed, you can use them for networking.
- Modern sports gear uses this technology to track our activity and sends them to your watch or phone. Consult with an expert to learn more about them.
- Do you know that low-energy Bluetooth technology can track our environment? Temperature, pressure, and humidity are some of the everyday items you can measure and sends a signal to the server.
You can use low-energy Bluetooth technology in many more areas and get benefits. We hope this post will help you learn more about them. Consult with an expert to learn more about them.