There are a lot of different foods and treats for birds on the market right now. Some of these things have minerals and vitamins, and others were made for laying hens, broilers, or other types of poultry. There aren’t a lot of products on the market based on research about the real needs of birds kept in captivity and raised by people.
Poly-min is a well-balanced material with the vitamins and minerals that pigeon supplies need, especially during the breeding season. Even though there are a lot of mineral supplements on the market that also have vitamins, this one is beautiful for several reasons.
During the mating season, problems can happen if there is an imbalance in the minerals, not enough high-quality minerals in the diet, or if both of these things happen.
- Poly-min is essential for birds’ daily metabolic processes because it has a lot of fossil oysters in it. Fossil oysters are responsible for the slow and steady release of calcium minerals, and Poly-min has a lot of fossil oysters in it. Because of this, Poly-min can make an endless supply of calcium that meets the body’s daily needs, especially related to reproduction.
- It is made up of algae, which gives birds many of the essential trace elements they need to keep their bodies running.
- Calcium gluconate is additional calcium and betaine, a natural product made from beets that helps control blood pressure, stabilizes the intestines, gives you more energy, and is used to prevent coccidiosis. Calcium gluconate is another way to get calcium and betaine. Calcium gluconate can treat coccidiosis and prevent it from happening in the first place.
Poly-min can be given to the birds on its own, along with other food, or in addition to what they get when they lay eggs. All three of these ways are fine. Because it has a lot of vitamin A, vitamin D3, and trace elements, the number of mineral supplements given to the birds should not be more than 10% of the total amount of food they get each day. On the other hand, the number of mineral supplements given to birds should not be more than 10% of the food they get daily.
Poly-min has the following advantages:
- Using Poly-min, a chemical often recommended for this purpose, may help prevent rickets and other problems with the eggshell and treat them.
- This mix has many different things, such as minerals, algae, and trace elements. This chemical was created by a German lab specializing in birds kept in cages. It can only be used in bird cages (Re-sha test their products in breeding).
- It is sold at a reasonable price given the product’s quality. It comes in a plastic bag and weighs between 250 grams and 2.3 kilograms. This means that it is suitable for both big commercial and small breeders who do it independently.